Physiotherapist FT or PT
The Physiotherapist is responsible for the assessment of neuromuscular, musculoskeletal and cardio respiratory systems, the communication of a diagnosis or diseases or disorders associated with physical dysfunction, injury or pain and the treatment, rehabilitation and prevention or relief of physical dysfunction, injury or pain to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment function and promote mobility. Care will take place within the community in a residential or institutional setting with referrals generated by a variety of sources including government agencies, employers, insurance companies or private payees. Client groups receiving treatment may include Pediatrics for in home or school services and/or Adults with medical/health concerns.
Looking for a Full Time or Part Time Physiotherapist servicing Barrie & Orillia, Orillia, or Midland Ontario, Canada.
◦ Bachelors or Masters degree in Physiotherapy combined with registration/licensing with provincial regulatory college in good standing (i.e. College of Physiotherapists in Ontario)
◦ A new grad or a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a practicing Physiotherapist preferably in a community setting
◦ ADP certification is preferred
◦ Superior oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with clients and families to ensure that barriers to communication do not impact the client's ability to direct their own care process
◦ Effective skills in critical thinking and problem solving
◦ Working knowledge of applicable legislation including Mental Health Act, Substitute Decisions Act, Healthcare Consent Act and others
◦ Knowledge of applicable community resources available for clients and families
◦ Current certification (within the past 12 mos) of First Aid, CPR completed within Canada
◦ Able to provide a current, clear Vulnerable Position Screening (VPS)
◦ Obtains informed consent prior to and throughout service provision
◦ Conducts initial client assessment, identification of problems, and establishment of goals and treatment plans
◦ Develops client centered plan with client, inter-professional team and other stakeholders
◦ Works collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of government agencies, healthcare workers, and other community resources
◦ Implementation of physiotherapy treatment
◦ Working collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of government agencies, healthcare workers, and other community resources
◦ Demonstrates effective and evidence based problem solving and judgement to address client needs
◦ Engages client using a collaborative approach, building rapport and trust, achieving a mutual understanding and agreement related to services to be provided
◦ Participates in necessary care conferences with Health Care team
◦ Maintains the knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide safe, efficient, effective service in all areas of practice by keeping abreast of changes in practice setting that affect scope of practice
◦ Maintains professional client records related to client encounters and plans in compliance with ParaMed’s policies and the standards applied by the regulatory body or Physiotherapy college
◦ Shows respect for cultural needs, dignity, privacy and confidentiality of clients
◦ Discharge client when service delivery is complete
◦ Other duties as assigned
Incorporates federal and provincial laws and regulations, national and provincial standards to provide high quality, safe and ethical care to clients/patients i.e. Regulated Health Professionals Act. Assumes professional responsibility, thinks critically, demonstrates practical knowledge, engages in professional development, manages own practice and advocates within system on clients/patients’ behalf.
Please submit resume to email@example.com or visit https://www.paramed.com/careers/ and search Physiotherapist, Barrie, Orillia or Midland. You can also call for more information at 705-737-0187 x 2014.