Provides PT services in order to enable clients/patients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes, by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Performs assessments of the client’s physical status, functional ability and needs and goals, establishes a physiotherapy diagnosis and prognosis, develops and implements an intervention strategy, evaluates the effectiveness of the intervention, and communicates with the client/family and health care team members. The PT trains, mentors, and supports YHC staff in all facilities, supervises and directs support personnel, acts as clinical preceptor for Physiotherapy students, fulfills the Total Joint Navigator role, and participates in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, program development and general departmental administration.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Knowledge of physiotherapy philosophy and principles;
• Knowledge and ability in assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of conditions treated by physiotherapists;
• Knowledge of the rehabilitation process;
• Knowledge of hospital routines and procedures;
• Ability to develop a plan and follow through with therapy;
• Ability to supervise and train support staff;
• Ability to supervise physiotherapy students;
• Ability to work independently, as well as within an interdisciplinary team;
• Ability to educate clients, peers and other health care professionals or community groups individually or in groups;
• Ability to promote client independence and self-esteem;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing) with clients, families, staff and multidisciplinary team members;
• Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities;
• Demonstrated ongoing participation in continuing education activities;
• Excellent problem-solving skills;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills;
• Cross-cultural awareness.
The successful candidate is required to have a Masters/Baccalaureate degree in Physiotherapy; be currently registered or eligible for registration with Yukon Community Services (Physiotherapy Registrar); eligible for registration with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and have current C.P.R Level “C” certification. Candidates who possess clinical experience in a general setting will be given preference.
An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
Quoting competition #2018-397, e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Services & Culture
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.
Posting Date: Open Until Filled