Region: British Columbia
Who We Are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations in Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What You Can Expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
The physiotherapist is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, educating, and evaluating patient response to physiotherapy treatment. The physiotherapist is part of an interdisciplinary team and assists with the hospital and departmental goals and objectives, including continuing quality improvement activities.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Practices physiotherapy in accordance with established departmental, hospital, and professional standards and the code of ethics of the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia.
- Upon receipt of referral, the physiotherapist will assess the condition of the patient to be treated, note previous history, and record all relevant details, identify the problems, intervention, and goals of the treatment with anticipated dates of achieving the goals.
- Maintains records on the patients' treatments and their response to treatment, updates any changes in goals with effective discharge planning as an important focus. Consults with attending physician and the interdisciplinary team any pertinent information that will ensure a cohesive and effective care and discharge.
- Plans and provides teaching to patients and family members based on identified learning needs.
- Masters in Physiotherapy and/or Rehabilitation Medicine.
- Registered member of the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia.
To apply for this position or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our career site at https://expectmore.northernhealth.ca/postingsearch.aspx?f=0-0-4--0-0