Physical Therapist - Physiotherapy
St. Mary’s General Hospital’s renewed vision of ‘Inspiring excellence. Healthier Together’ lays out a plan for growth, and innovation that will keep pace with the community and region that it serves. It also reflects our strong culture and values of compassion, respect, inclusion, integrity, collaboration and innovation that we bring to each interaction with patients and each other within the hospital and extends that commitment to how we will work with our partners across the health system. When you join St. Mary’s, your contribution will make a positive impact to the quality of life for patients and families. You will contribute to our mission: Living the legacy – Compassion. Faith. Discovery.
New employees must provide documentation/proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, a 2-step TB screening, as well as proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella (chickenpox) prior to their start date at St. Mary’s General Hospital. Staff will require clearance from Employee Health and Wellness before they are able to begin any position within SMGH.
The Physiotherapist manages a caseload of in-patients, including patients with medical, surgical, respiratory, and cardiac-related health concerns. The Physiotherapist is responsible for assessing clients and providing recommendations and treatment as appropriate with the goal of enabling clients to maximize their level of independence.
• BScPT, MScPT or equivalent
• Current licensure with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
• Experience working in an acute care setting preferred
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of the interdisciplinary team
• Strong assessment skills and the ability to plan effective therapeutic programs
• Knowledge of, and ability to demonstrate corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Computer literacy; experience with Cerner documentation is an asset
• Demonstrated physical stamina to assist in the mobilization, transfer and/or positioning of adults
• Works as part of an interdisciplinary team and acts as a consultant to other disciplines
• Assesses clients, evaluates and revises treatment programs, including goals and discharge plans
• Ability to work with diverse families and apply creative solutions to complex problems
• Maintains current accurate clinical records according to standards set by College of Physiotherapists
• Documents assessment results, goals, treatment, client progress and discharge plans using electronic medical record (Cerner
• Delegates, supervises and evaluates patient care provided by therapy assistants
• Actively participates in continuous quality improvement projects
• Other duties as delegated by the Manager or Professional Practice Lead
Please apply on our website to the job of your interest at: https://www.smgh.ca/work-with-us/careers
As per the collective agreement, the internal recruitment process will be completed prior to the consideration of external applications.
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code. SMGH is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to provide an inclusive, barrier free workplace. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. Should you require this accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to confirm the receipt of individual applications or resumes.