Clinical Physiotherapy Opportunities - Temporary Full-, Part-Time & Casual Positions Available
Region: Newfoundland and Labrador
Eastern Health is the largest integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador, employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services, including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care, and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health, we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent, and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
The Clinical Physiotherapist provides physiotherapy assessment, treatment, and discharge planning in consultation with other team members for attainment of client goals. Supervision of delegated activities to a physiotherapy support worker is expected. Student preceptorship is an expectation. Participation in initiatives that measure quality care, as well as value for health consumers is expected.
This position will report to a Division Manager on the assigned service. Clinical guidance and supervision is available from Clinical Physiotherapist II and/or III at the site of assignment. All Clinical Physiotherapists maintain accountability to the Professional Practice Consultant for Physiotherapy for professional integrity and practice issues.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Occasionally lifting or moving objects between 10 - 37 lbs.
- Regularly requiring a combination of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Regularly requiring to bend, kneel, stretch, and physically lift, push, pull, and/or maneuver patients/clients with medium force.
- Occasionally using hand tools and equipment.
- Time pressures and interruptions are experienced with little control over work pace.
- Higher than normal levels of attentiveness/alertness is required when performing activities in the ICU with critically ill patients and dealing with clients with complex medical conditions.
- Graduation from an approved school of Physiotherapy is required.
- Registration with the Newfoundland and Labrador College of Physiotherapists is required.
- Demonstrate communication effectively, both verbally and in writing, with co-workers, patients, and their families in a one-to-one and/or group environment.
- Ability to direct, supervise, and mentor students and physiotherapy support workers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as a member of an interdisciplinary team and be able to prioritize caseload and patient needs.
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca/eRecruit/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyUID=000000051697
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.